Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thirdly

Actually today is the 10th, but who's counting. Speaking of naps, as I referred to in my other entry being something I wouldn't write about. The morning came all too quickly for me, and I pointlessly got up at 6 this morning. Probobly from the racket coming from the kitchen, and the mumbo jumbo coming from the fridge. Yeah, it sits there untouched in the very core of the refrigerator, welcoming me every time. For those of you who are reading this (if anyone) don't know what i'm referring to as the "It". I am referring to the carrot cake I made yesterday. Read my previous blog for a better explanation.

I found that i've been making too much sweets that my home has become more of a bakery than anything. I am trying to become more diverse, and I rarely like to use or cook the same recipe more than once every few months or so. I am also a firm believer in making everything that is reasonably available, from scratch. I don't like using brownie mixes, cake mixes, instant this / instant that. It doesn't bother me if people do it to make something to eat, but I cook mostly to gain experience. So using mixes I feel, is like cheating myself. With that said, I also feel the same way about microwaving. I think it's good for reheating leftovers or possibly making a cup of tea, but other than that I think the microwave cookbooks should burn in hell. Although, I will say there is a rather scientific way of cooking fudge in the microwave. I am going back on all I just said for a moment. In fact I will post it because it truly comes out miraculously...Please forgive me any of you culinary geniuses out there for posting a microwave recipe. Last one, I promise.

3-Minute Microwave Fudge

1 Lb. powdered sugar (3 3/4 cups), 1/4 cup milk,
1/2 cup cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla,
1 stick margarine (1/2 cup), 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.

Combine powdered sugar and coca in a 2-quart microwave safe bowl. Yes microwave. Place the stick of margarine on top of the mixture. Pour the milk over it all. DO NOT STIR!! Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes. Stir extremely well and add the vanilla and peanuts. Pour onto a greased 8x8-inch pan. Cool 20 minutes. Cut into squares. Yields 64 Pieces.

Taken from the "Easy Livin' Microwave Cooking: The New Primer (Great Plains)"

So Yeah, it's really that easy. Forgive me all of you who painstakingly slave your day away cooking fudge on the stove. Although I am sure it comes out much better. Like I said before, I feel like the microwave once again, is cheating. This recipe is really more for those of you who don't have all day to make fudge, or are curious the strange process all of this takes. When you take it out of the cheat box, the butter will have been melted and it won't look like much of anything. As you continue to stir, you will see the fudge manifest before your very eyes. ALAKAZAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment