Friday, June 11, 2010

6 110.1 * Planck's constant = 4.04859381 × 10-30 m2 kg / s

TO be honest I tried to be clever with today's date and typed in "611" and see what came up. That is probobly calculus material or a formula for plutonium for all I know. I will have to ask my good friend who just loves math, I say that sarcastically, by the way. With that being said, I almost died last night. Well, not literally but from my own cooking! You can't really blame me though because I beleive the shrimp I had used in Shrimp Angel-hair Marinara was not quite so good. That is why I am so weary of any kind of imported seafood to the middle of the desert where I live. Especially in the days of "BP" and their responsible equipment. There are obviously no crustaceans in where I live. Unless swimming scorpions can somehow resemble lobsters. I was up most of the night, nursing myself and reading...trying to get over what felt like it was to consume a hand grenade. Needless to say, it is the longest I have slept in months.

I have decided not to go into using people's names or whatnot here. Unless I have their permission, and I tell them that i'm writing about them. Pretty much because it's the right thing to do. I don't think that Blogs are a place to bag on people, unless they're celebrities :P Also, on the note of things I am trying not to write about...I am trying to avoid the "love" aspect of my life. Although I only have friends, I truly do fancy someone.


Today I think the oven will get a breather, and try to get rid of the refrigerator full of leftovers that I have. Give it to charity or a bake sale, or goodwill or something. I definitely know that the pasta from last night is going KAPUT. I have to admit, that the carrot cake finally did me in. It's evil power was too strong for me to resist and I have fallen to the dark side. Well, not really...but now it more resembles Pac-Man with a big wedge cut out of it. I will have to say that, it absolutely something I do not regret. It's probably the best carrot cake I have ever had. No, I am not full of myself. Although I am confident in my cooking, I simply believe it was so good because it wasn't pasteurized, concentrated, and preserved like a mummy. I think it was so good because it was fresh. Plan and simple.


Up sick all night, I was reading a book called 'Awaking the Heroes Within'. It's one of those self-help books, kind of. I normally don't like those things because the authors make it sound like they have mankind all figured out, and they're higher up in the evolutionary process, so they can tell people how to live like Donald Trump or Gandhi. Anyway, in the book there are twelve archetypes of people. The Innocent, The Orphan, The Warrior, The Caregiver, The Seeker, The Lover, The Creator, The Destroyer, The Ruler, The Magician, The Sage and The Fool. Each of these "Archetypes" are prevalent in everyone, just some more than others. I Personally had the highest score in "The Destroyer", "The Orphan" and "The Seeker". It gives you a test to fill out to find out where you stand on the wheel. These traits and types contribute to our personalities. None of them are necessarily bad. For instance "The Destroyer" can be someone who either participates in destructive behaviour, or has the ability to "destroy" destructive things, or break bad habits. It says " At best , this can be a crusader, rebel group, unified against evil..." If that makes any sense. I didn't write the book, but I would say it is pretty interesting. It says something very interesting about love as well. " Love also comes as compassion, forgiveness, grace. In most religious traditions, this forgiveness comes from God. In a psychological sense, the forgiveness must come from ourselves. Paradoxically , It is love that calls us to life and deep feeling, and judges our prior lifelessness and lovelessness...". I love that word paradoxically, by the way. It also goes on to say.."After a time, we come to recognize the rhythm of love's coming and going. Each relationship will have it's own rhythm .". Which I thought was pretty interesting to think about. I could write pretty much the whole chapter on "The Lover" for there are a lot of interesting things said about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment