Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tribal

It's official, I think my laptop officially hates me. I don't specifically remeber doing anything to it, but it's either that or it totally has a mind of it's own. After spending nearly an hour last night cleaning it out, and staying up most of the night, it still decides to freeze on me at the most random times. It likes to do this usually when I am trying to help someone, or I am in the middle of a conversation. After this blog I think it will be taking a nap, because it's being cranky lately.

Yes, I missed a day with my entry. I was far too busy bustling around and spending money I didn't have to spend. I came home and there was a fireworks spectacular in almost my backyard. I had to check the calendar even to see if it was the 4th of July yet. Nope!. It was strange, because it was A LOT of fireworks. Not just a few firecrackers or sparklers. It was something you would see on at a display. I just stood out there and saluted "God Bless America" , then walked back into my house. Just the other day I was complaining about how I never get any fireworks for the holiday and blah blah blah. I was in my room across the house and I thought it was gunfire because fireworks are apparently more illegal out here than guns. (Can someone explain that to me?) I understand their paranoia over wild fires because everything is so dry out here, but they test missiles not too far away..

I finally get to watch Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, usually when I get excited about seeing a movie it turns out to be a total flop. I have heard very mixed reviews about this movie, some hated it and some loved it. So I will have to see for myself what Baldemort does in this one. Although I admit, I unintentionally cheated a little bit and read The Deathly Hallows last summer. So I have a pretty good idea how this one ends, IF they stay true to the book. They have thus far. Suprised I remember that far back? Yeah, it's short-term memory that's the problem.

I've been heavily listening to techno music once again, after hearing it so much yesterday...I added some to my own playlist. I think a lot of people don't like it because many people listen to the corny, repetitive stuff. Saying "Techno" is extremely broad these days, which I had not been once upon a time.. Now there's so many genres for everything. I am surprised each song doesn't have it's own genre. House, Deep House, Breakbeats, Electronic, Experimental, Progressive (not the insurance), Trance, Hard Trance, Goa, Psy, Big Beat, Jungle, Tribal, Drum-n-Bass, Old School, New Shool, Hardstyle...Whew and some with extra cheese, and some with pickles. (Just kidding about the last part). Don't ask me to explain them all, because I frankly, I don't know them all. Can you really blame me? , I mean LOOK ^.
I will say that they pretty much are different in their influence, timing, progression, and also equipment. Tribal being my least favourite, honestly saying that how can electronic music be tribal, when i'm pretty sure there aren't many tribes out there still in existence that own synthesizers. Although I could be wrong, and forgive me if I am. If you are in one, can I join? I will say that Trance and House are my favourites, and probably the most popular across the globe. Although in my own opinion, I think it is more popular in Europe. House definitely has more singing and radio-play. Yes confusing, I sometimes understand why people don't like it. Usually things people don't understand, they don't like. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment